Tuesday, April 1, 2008

LESSON FOUR: More words for our vocabulary

Fem: Mesa= table Silla= chair Puerta= door Ventana= window Pared= wall

Masc: Horno= oven Queso= cheese Perro= dog Pollo= Chicken Amigo= friend


What does it mean?....


Me gusta la casa blanca= I like the white house

Necesito llamar a Sergio= I need to call Sergio

Me gustan los libros amarillos= I like the yellow books

El horno es blanco= The oven is white

Los perros son marrones= The dogs are brown

Tengo el telefono de un amigo de Alfredo= I have the phone of a friend of Alfredo.

Las sillas de mi casa son grises= The chairs of my house are grey

Me gusta el pollo del restaurante de mi amigo= I like the chicken of the restaurant of my friend.

The preposition OF in Spanish is DE. When we have DE + EL we contract it in DEL

We already know about the gender, the plural, colours, days of the week and we begin to see the logic of simple phrases.


VOCABULARY

Bus = Bus Barco = Ship Avion = Plane Coche = Car

Hombre = man Mujer = Woman Chico = Boy Chica = Girl

Niño = little boy Niña = little girl Jefe = Boss Policía = Police

Padre = Father Madre = Mother Hijo = son Hija = daughter

Hermano = brother Hermana = sister Primo = cousin Prima = cousin (fem.)

Abuelo = grandfather Nieto = grandson Abuela = Grandmother Nieta = Grandaughter

Tío = uncle Tía = aunt Pa = dad Ma = mom


Mi padre es un policía = My father is a policeman

Tengo un hermano en Australia = I have a brother in Australia

El coche de mi abuelo es gris = The car of my grandfather is grey

Los trenes en España son amarillos = The trains in Spain are yellow

Tengo un barco verde, mi jefe tiene uno rojo = I have a green ship, my boss has a red one

No comments:

Google